- My family. First and foremost, family is forever. I’m so lucky to have a such a great family composed of two supportive parents and 4 crazy siblings. In addition, I also have awesome grandparents who always make sure that I’m taken care of. I always have someone to talk to when things get tough, which is a really great thing.
- My friends. As the years have come and gone, so have friends. Finally, I’m at a point in my life when I’m realizing I have picked some really good friends that I know I can always trust and count on.
- Washington, Missouri. I’m really glad that I have had the opportunity to grow up in a great small town. I have the luxury of always feeling safe in my home and being brought up in a great community.
- My education. This is something teenagers nowadays definitely take for granted. I go to school everyday and learn new things for free. For free I am given the chance to gain more knowledge and apply it in my life in hopes of bettering my future.
- Food. This one sounds a little silly but, for real. Millions of people around the world are starving and don’t know when their next meal will be. I am lucky enough to eat whenever I want, whatever I want. This is something that should never be brushed off to the side.
- Teachers. I did the math and I have had a total of 34 different teachers throughout my years in elementary, middle school, and now, my sophomore year of high school. While this amount seems crazy, I have honestly learned at least something from each teacher that I will remember for my whole life. It’s crazy to think that the “meanest” teacher you have ever had will impact you the most. While a teacher may drive you crazy now, a few years down the road you will realize how lucky you were to experience someone who cared about your hard work.
- Music. While I’ve never been the most talented when it comes to the arts, music is something that I will always love. It’s crazy how the whole world listens to music and the fact that it has to power to bring everyone together is even crazier.
- Being able to read and write. While this somewhat goes along with #4, I am so thankful that I can put my ideas down on paper and be able to read others’ as well. Many people go through life not being able to read a simple street sign. I am thankful that I can read and comprehend as well as I can.
- Technology. While it has its positives and negatives, technology is definitely something I am thankful for. It has never been easier to communicate and complete tasks now that technology is so advanced.
- Blue Jay Journal TV. While I may be a little partial, this class really does a lot for me. I have met tons of new people, learned so much, and have been able to sit down and write for blog entries such as this one.
- Cheer. While I never expected to like cheer as much as I do, I’m so glad I decided to try out my freshman year. Of course there have been times where going to practice is the very last thing I want to do, I appreciate every minute I have with my coaches and my teammates.
- Pepsi. If you know me, this one definitely deserves its own recognition. Even though it’s quite bad for me, I really enjoy a nice, cold, fountain Pepsi. I’m thankful that this caffeine-filled drink has the power to keep me awake through first hour. That is a blessing within itself.
- Social Media. Like #9, there are goods and bads. Overall, social media has been used to bring so much awareness to big world problems, has helped people all over reconnect with people they have never thought they would see again, and kept people in touch despite long distances between them.
- Justin Bieber. Since I was about 9, I have loved Justin Bieber. He has never failed to find a way to make me sing my lungs out. If “Baby” comes on, I’m singing it. Thankfully, I will be going to his concert in April and I can’t wait!
- My dog. While I have had a lot of pets during my 16 years, not many can compare to my dog. Of course, the hermit crabs were pretty sweet but Bentlee takes the cake. She has never ran away from my house and has never failed to make every person she meets fall in love with her.
- Holidays. Who doesn’t love a reason to celebrate? I love every holiday, it’s so hard to pick which one is my favorite.
- Pictures. I love the whole purpose behind pictures. It’s so cool to be able to capture a moment and be able to look back on it for your whole life. I’m a total picture hoarder, I have over 3,000 on my phone and I don’t plan on deleting them anytime soon.
- The sun. Without the sun we definitely wouldn't be living, but there’s nothing I love more than a hot summer day with 0 clouds in the sky.
- Giving back. There really is no better feeling in the world than giving back. It’s hard to describe the satisfaction you feel afterwards, but once you do good, you feel good.
- Health. This is something that so many people take for granted. Living without health complications is one of the greatest blessings in the world. I am so thankful for the health of people around me as well as my own.
- My best friends. While I mentioned friends above, there is really nothing like having BEST friends. People who have never let you down, people who you can turn to for anything, people who you never get sick of. Growing so close to people is something that I am very thankful for.
- Stars. Space is so fascinating to me and I think it’s so awesome that we know so much about it. I’m thankful that there’s always something to look at and appreciate such as the stars.
- McDonald’s. Another thing that is totally bad for me but just so good. I’m thankful that McDonald’s is the unofficial hangout spot of all WHS students. Seriously, I see at least someone from our school every time I go there. It’s good and it’s cheap, I’m thankful.
- Mexican food. Seriously, this stuff is good. If I had to eat one last meal, it would be from Los Cabos. Queso is delicious, super thankful.
- Life. This one basically sums up this whole list. I’m thankful for everything, even the bad times. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time and I’m so glad that I have such a good life, even though I may forget it sometimes. I am so thankful to be able to live the life that I live!