2. Do your homework. It’s definitely a chore and 98% of students hate it but, it pays off. If you decide not to do your homework because it is “only worth 5 points in the grade book” you’re making a mistake. Those 5 points add up and homework assignments prepare you for the 100 point test a few weeks later.
3. Be friends with your teachers. Actually have conversations with them, they’re people too. It’s actually very beneficial to get to know them. It makes learning easier and it makes the overall classroom experience much more comfortable.
4. Be nice!!!! This one is so important. Being nice is one of the easiest ways to make new friends. You would be surprised at how far a simple smile or wave goes.
5. Study. Studying is the only way to ensure you’re going to pass a test. Knowing the material means better test scores and a better understanding of the class as a whole. It’s also much easier to understand the class you will take next year if you understand the prerequisite.
6. Take classes that have something to do with what you want to do when you’re older. If you want to be a doctor, take a child development class. Taking a woodworking class might not be the best management of time. Take classes that will benefit your future, take advantage of the numerous classes our school has to offer!
7. Step out of your comfort zone. This kind of ties in with #1 but to a greater extent. You will never know what you’re capable of if you let fear hold you back!
8. Don’t skip. Skipping school is the number one thing that will ensure that you fall behind in every single class. Being in class and at school is important! Don’t miss out!
9. Respect others. Don’t be that underclassmen that picks fights with every upperclassmen. Don’t be that kid that sits in the back of the class undermining the teacher. Don’t make fun of the kid that sits alone at lunch. Treat others how you would want to be treated.
10. Last but certainly not least, have fun! Find a way to have fun with everything that you do. Be yourself and you would be surprised at how much fun you will have while doing so!