1. Always be nice to everyone. You never know what is going to happen in the future. The people you may treat badly today could come back into your life when you’re older and you may need their help, but they won’t want to help you because of how you treated them when you were younger. It’s always important to be there for people when they need it so they help you back in return.
2. It’s a waste of time to gossip. Personally, gossiping has led to so much miscommunication with others and it’s tiring. Talking about others behind their back is rude. If you have something to say about someone, say it to their face in the kindest way possible. But if you can’t get yourself to do that, don’t talk about it to your friends. It’s really stupid.
3. Drama is drama; it will go away eventually. The things you and your friends may be quarreling about now will resolve itself and you and your friend will go back to how it was before. Don’t let stupid rumors diminish your relationships with others. Talk it out, you’ll feel much better.
4. Never let a boyfriend/girlfriend come in between you and your friends. Relationships can be temporary, but if you find a good friend who is willing to stick with you, you need to keep up your relationship with them so you don’t end up alone when either one dumps you.
5. Grades are important, but your mental health is more important. If you’re stressing too much about an upcoming test or a big project, step back and do something to clear your mind and distract yourself with. Take deep breaths, go on a walk (the fresh air will do you good), draw little circles on a piece of paper, or anything you know will calm yourself down.
6. Teachers are your new best friend. Don’t be afraid to ask for help with anything. In the long run it will help a lot. Plus, teachers are cool and can be a huge part of your life when you grow up if you let them!
7. It’s a confusing time, but you will come to terms with who you really are eventually. Whether this regards to your sexuality, gender identity, or personality is up to you. You are the only one who can control your life. Don’t let others influence your decision about who you are.
8. People may not be who you thought they were. They stab you behind the back because, well, unfortunately that’s a part of life. Someone could be the sweetest person to you but completely and totally rude to someone else and that’s just not okay. Get rid of the toxic people in your life immediately. It will save a lot of time and a lot of hurt by doing so.
9. Take time to sit back and think about your problems and how they compare to the grand scheme of things. The universe is literally so big that I doubt the drama going on doesn’t even matter compared to the endless timeline ahead of you.
10. It will get better. Whatever hardships, troubles, or events that are going on in your life that you are going through, it's temporary. The most crucial thing to remember is that you are loved and supported no matter what. Whether that be family or friends or pets, you are always loved.